Noticias y eventos
20 septiembre 2018
All the ICD-11 related programs and workshops at WPA World Congress
The 18th World Psychiatric Association (WPA) World Congress of Psychiatry commences next week in Mexico City. The WPA is an association of national psychiatric societies aimed to increase knowledge and skills necessary for work in the field of mental health and the care for the mentally ill. Its member societies are presently 140, spanning 120 different countries and representing more than 200,000 psychiatrists.
Members of the Global Clinical Practice Network feature heavily in the conference program. Presentations and workshops of interest to our network include:
• ICD: a truly international classification. Chair: Geoffrey Reed (Switzerland) and Rebeca Robles-Garcia (Mexico)
• The ICD-11: a new classification of disorders due to substance use and its contribution to public health policy and service delivery Vladimir Poznyak (Switzerland)
• International classification of diseases, 11th edition (ICD- 11): a view of a psychologist Rebeca Robles-Garcia (Mexico)
• Sources of distress and dysfunction among transgender people: An international research programme for ICD-11 Rebeca Robles-Garcia (Mexico)
• Presidential Symposium 10: Developing and implementing the ICD-11: A truly global classification Chair: Mario Maj (Italy) Chair: Geoffrey Reed (Switzerland)
• Results of ICD-11 field studies: clinical consistency across the globe Geoffrey Reed (Switzerland)
• Results of ICD-11 field studies: an empirical evaluation of clinical utility María Elena Medina-Mora (Mexico)
• The next phase: training, practice improvement, and collaboration using the ICD-11 as a framework Kathleen Pike (USA)
Psychiatry can impact some of the most important social challenges facing communities across the globe. Now, more than ever, it is essential for the psychiatric community to stand firm for mental health.
For more information about the conference and the scientific program and workshops, please visit: https://wcp-congress.com/2018#.W6P_jZNKg00