Новости и события
12 августа 2019
The 19th WPA World Congress
The 19th World Psychiatric Association (WPA) World Congress of Psychiatry was held from August 21-24 in Lisbon, Portugal. The WPA is an association of national psychiatric societies aimed to increase knowledge and skills necessary for work in the field of mental health and the care for the mentally ill. Its member societies are presently 140, spanning 120 different countries and representing more than 200,000 psychiatrists.
Members of the Global Clinical Practice Network featured heavily in the conference program. Presentations and workshops of interest to our network included:
- ICD: achievements and future work. Chairs: Geoffrey Reed (Mexico) and Mario Maj (Italy)
- ICD-11 Mental, Behavioural and Neurodevelopmental Disorders: Implementation, training, and impact on psychiatric practice. Chairs: Geoffrey Reed (Mexico) and Mario Maj (Italy). Panelists: Oye Gureje (Nigeria), JingJing Huang (China), Devora Kestel (Switzerland), Maria-Elena Medina Mora (Mexico), Kathleen Pike (USA), Mariana Pinto da Costa (UK), Norman Sartorius (Switzerland), Dan Stein (South Africa)
- Substance use and addictive disorders: What's new in ICD-11. Chairs: John Saunders (Australia) and Vladimir Poznyak (Switzerland)
- Multisectoral strategies for enhancing ICD-11 implementation across the globe. Chairs: Geoffrey Reed (Mexico) and Tahilia Rebello (USA)
- ICD-11: Is it good or good enough to serve as a universal language. Presenter: Geoffrey Reed (Mexico)
Psychiatry can impact some of the most important social challenges facing communities across the globe. Now, more than ever, it is essential for the psychiatric community to stand firm for mental health.
For more information about the conference and the scientific program and workshops, please visit: https://2019.wcp-congress.com/